Welcome to Mostly Musing - My Travel Blog

This blog is about our travels to Baja California, Mexico in our Classic 1976 GMC Motorhome. We have traveled there since 2005. I hope any readers enjoy the blog and I appreciate any comments.

This years travels to Baja begin from our Victoria driveway the end of October 23rd, 2013.










Friday, April 8, 2011

Yikes! I thought I posted this.....somewhere around January.....

The time has been whizzing by without documenting anything!! It seems as though at this point not only do we need a date book to tell us what we’re going to be doing each day, we need to write down what we did right when we did it so we can remember that too!! Yikes!


We have finished our house sitting at Paul and Renota’s and moved to our rental house in Spa Buena Vista. Paul and Renota’s home was great – fresh grapefruit and oranges every day and conversational Spanish Tuesday and Friday mornings with Umberto the gardener and Mondays with Gloria the cleaning lady. Every Tuesday Marcos the fish man and his mother Maria arrived at the gate by 9 am with fresh fish caught in La Paz the night before by his brother. Beautiful fish: scallops, shrimp, parrot fish, yellow tail, bass, trigger fish, dorrado, tuna, clams, and occasionally lobster. He always has a good assortment of fresh fish at a very reasonable price.

We made a deal with Marcos that he would come over to Spa with fish for us on Tuesday afternoons; but we have yet to see him. It is entirely possible that by the time he finishes with Los Barriles he is sold out!

Spanish classes three mornings a week have been great, it is a lot of fun and we laugh a great deal at the outrageous stories we make up together in class; all in Spanish. Adriana is an excellent, very professional teacher. She once taught elementary and secondary school but prefers adults now. She gives lots of homework but it is manageable, and I think I am learning something for my time and money.

Shortly after moving to Spa, I got bursitis in my hip and then Lorne put his back out, it has taken us some time to get mobile again. Quite the pair of crips creaking in and out of the car! Shades of life to come I guess…. I stopped taking my anti-inflammatory drugs and immediately had a relapse that took several days to get under control again. We are both on the mend now.

No comments: