Welcome to Mostly Musing - My Travel Blog

This blog is about our travels to Baja California, Mexico in our Classic 1976 GMC Motorhome. We have traveled there since 2005. I hope any readers enjoy the blog and I appreciate any comments.

This years travels to Baja begin from our Victoria driveway the end of October 23rd, 2013.










Monday, December 31, 2012

It happened one morning when.....

we were just south of Vincente Guerro at Don Diego's, our first night into Baja.  I was waiting for Lorne to get the motor home all organized to leave and decided to quickly photograph a few interesting plants we found on our walk the night before...



I have no idea what this is....



but it has an interesting flower and interesting fruit!  Not that I tasted it.....


This is some kind of fairy duster flower and its seed pods.


a treasure of a reflective/meditation/religious service place....





and then I spied some......



CHICKENS!  BEAUTIFUL CHICKENS!




Now who knows why these became a delight to me but I took off in hot pursuit to photograph them.  As you can see, they were very large and colorful plus there were two roosters with fabulous plumage!


They didn't much want to be photographed,



I think they were a bit shy....


Which way?  Which way?


Then they marched off into the brush and I realized that I had been gone awhile...... Lorne will be looking for me..... I neglected to tell him what I was doing..... oops....


by the way, if you double click on a photo you should be able to have them come up to a larger size as a slide show.  I know chickens are endlessly fascinating....

No comments: