Welcome to Mostly Musing - My Travel Blog

This blog is about our travels to Baja California, Mexico in our Classic 1976 GMC Motorhome. We have traveled there since 2005. I hope any readers enjoy the blog and I appreciate any comments.

This years travels to Baja begin from our Victoria driveway the end of October 23rd, 2013.










Sunday, January 27, 2008

Ouch


It actually doesn't hurt as bad as it looks........ and you can guess where its located....



WHINE
I have done a few stupid things in my life but really – these spds (clipless pedals) are a real drag in the sand AND my tires – good grief – they are not as narrow as a road bike as my Kona is a mountain bike but they are road tires none the less – definitely not ones that ride over sand with ease! Of course cycling in sand is not easy at the best of times but this is ridiculous! At this point my old Walmart special is looking pretty good and am wishing I’d opted for bringing it – or following my plan to change the tires and the pedals! Lorne is in the Lead! That will never do!
There are really not a preponderance of bike shops around so I guess I will just have to “suck it up”.

Of course the other option is an ATV. I went into town yesterday with the girls in the hood on the ATVs. Of course I don’t have one – yet – so I rode on the back of MaryAnn’s. Very fun. She is the fastest. We waited periodically for the other two on their ATVs. We cruised around the new developments that are happening, went for lunch, groceries, tortillas, and then home. Fun. Very nice ladies…Girlfriends are good.

2 comments:

TaDa said...

Glad to hear you were not hurt. Your bruise looks like a b e a u t i f u l sunset. What will gravity do?

Today it was -47c with the windchill factor: and you were complaining about wearing sox, and a fleece!

TaDa

auntselm said...

auntselm figures that bruises like that are caused by having an adventure. Bruises can also be caused by shoveling snow that is way too heavy because it's way too wet.
Have your bruises your way and be glad your bruises are much prettier than ours.